Obviously! The last thing we want is anything dodgy going on here.
The tech heads who helped us put together this website tell us we should be able to monitor the performance of this website , and in order to do this we might track your IP address and session time (which sounds a bit weird, but hey, we just sell flowers).
Despite this, the information cannot be used to identify you and remains anonymous. We may place a cookie (not sure what this is, but we would absolutely hate it if it was one of those special ones) in the browser files of your computer but this doesn’t contain any personal identifying information.
So why do we do this? It will enable us to gather general, anonymous information on what pages have been visited, the length of visit and other general statistical data. Hopefully, we’ll be so busy selling flowers that we’ll never need to look into this info.
Lastly we won’t give, sell, trade, rent, hire, lend or flog any of the personal information you may have provided us with unless, of course, you have consented to it or where the law makes us. That cool?
What we collect
We may collect the following information (and note this is all just the standard wording that comes from the propellerheads):
name, contact information including email address, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we (may) do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons (again, please note this is the standard spiel from the propellerheads, we're just interested in the flowers!):
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 123 Johnston Street Annandale Sydney NSW 2038 p: +612 9566 1899 or email us.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie permits us to recognise your browser in order to customise your experience, or permit you to access restricted areas. Cookies do not contain personal information, and in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.